Does anyone remember why I started this blog, especially when the school year began?
Here, I'll make this multiple choice.
A) To write about the funny things my kids do
B) To funnel my frustrations about school into something that wouldn't black-list my kids
C) To avoid uncomfortable confrontations with staff I generally like
D) All of the above
It's D. And I proved it yesterday.
Let's do a bullet-point run-down of my day, up to 3 p.m.
- Got up, got the boys ready and gave everyone breakfast
- Told Mini Me I was getting in the shower and to put on her clothes
- Put the shower on hold while we attempted to find the best first day of school outfit, for the weather (a little cooler yesterday and she couldn't wear the dress she's planned for months.)
- Had 45 minute detente over choice of top. I ultimately won, but only since I bribed her with lip gloss.
- Finally got in the shower
- Took MM to sign up for her first activity ever. She wanted both dance and gymnastics. I asked if there was a break for signing up for 2 classes. The instructor said yes, a whole 10% off. Told MM to pick one class only.
|Not exactly how yesterday turned out.|
- Wrote a check for $150, before costuming and dance shoes and recital admission fees. (Note: this is more than any activity my boys have ever been in. Combined.) Threw down a hat and a sign next to where I parked my car, hoping to tap dance my own way to off-set those costs.
- Get home and get a call from my manicurist (shut up) telling me I missed my appointment. The talons are too long to function appropriately and look for ways to file down acrylic overlay. Fail miserably.
- Make MM lunch. She doesn't touch it. Ten minutes later, asks for a snack.
- Get out the camera and snap pictures for her first day of school. Wait for bus.
- Watch MM get on the bus a half-hour late and haul ass to my eye doctor appointment.
- Have the weirdest eye doctor appointment ever, culminating with the doctor calculating my bill and asking me how I'll be paying for it. Huh? Did I get my contacts?
- Have a very quick lunch with my friend C., since my doctor appointment took a long time to do absolutely nothing.
- Haul ass back to my house to meet MM off the bus.
- Arrive at home a few minutes late, check caller ID. No call from the school. I haven't missed her.
- Wait another 20 minutes, finally call the school.
Then, it was 3 p.m.
(To be continued tomorrow. Please feel free to guess what happened after that.)